Oct 27, 2011

Easy pregnancy tips from Gaia Mum to Be

PREGNANCY!? EASY DOES IT!!!

As some of you probably noticed we are expecting a new Gaia baby very soon! So I am writing from the first hand experience - it is less then 3 weeks to go ONLY now til my first baby is born. Now in my last month I am still teaching yoga, massaging and very much enjoying my bicycle ride to work, which I thought would never be possible that late in the pregnancy.

So how is that possible? Here are few things that I have learnt from my own pregnancy and from experienced super mums like Trudi around me.

What to keep in mind when you are expecting:

To start with - the beginnings are always the hardest, you will never be so tired and dozed later on, so just hold out! Chocolate is a great help as always and plenty sleep does miracles. Take it easy, you have plenty time left till the baby´s here!Remember it only gets better with time.

 Keep active - once your body adjust to the pregnancy hormonal coctail. Get back into action, mornings might not be the best time anymore - I bid farewell to my favourite morning yoga practice right in the first month. But later in the day once the tummy settles is perfect time. Come and try our pregnancy yoga with added visualization on easy birth.


Enjoy your little secret - especially if the pregnancy comes as a surprise, take all the time to adjust before you start telling. A little secret is always nice to share with your beloved complice - the new daddy. New baby, new life is a gift from heaven so treat it that way. I waited almost five months and they have been great months to share my special gift just with my most important ones.
Also it is much better fun to tell people about that baby when you actually feel well enough to enjoy the news and celebrate with them.

 Never run on empty - smart mum always has something to nibble on in her hand bag. Avoid getting too hungry, that´s when sugar drops and you start feeling dizzy and irritable. It is a good habbit to get into when your baby grows a bit, he/she will want its share from your bag too!
And NO, you don´t need to eat for 2! It is all about same amounts, just more often.

Watch that skin care - comitted massaging after every shower is a must. The one and only prevention of stretch marks is to keep your skin elastic and subtle with the natural oils - don´t skip anywhere - belly, breast, hips and lower are crutial zones. If you are not sure what to use, come and talk to us in Gaia - I have just blended a beautiful pregnacy pick-up oil for lovely  Silvana from Esporles in her 7th month of pregnancy.
Be prepared that with every extra month the skin pulls more - when you feel your belly itchy and dry that´s when you know baby´s growing. In the last month of my pregnancy I am hooked on rose water and the GAIA baby range - who says that only babies need gentle natural cosmetics!
If you don´t have the energy to massage your belly and sore back yourself, bring us your man, we will teach him what to do in our private massage tuition.

Imperfection and less efficiency? Don´t worry about getting less done. People will never again in your life be so forgiving and understanding as when you are pregnant.

Pamper yourself!
During my own pregnancy I have learnt that as my body changes, my needs are different everyday
and I have reflected that in the pregnancy care we offer in GAIA.
If you would like us to assist with your pregnacy and new motherhood, come and talk to us.
Both for expecting women and new mothers we take pride in offering personalized and holistic care made-to-measure just for you and your body - whether it is a private yoga class to prepare you for easy birth, calming and reassuring aromatherapy or relaxing foot massage. Also rememer that we have wonderful GAIA baby range that is super gentle.
Online info: http://www.gaia-natural-mallorca.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=baby+&x=30&y=9

Attention:
You can receive massage and practice yoga safely from 3rd month on. However your personalized pregnancy care plan will cover your whole pregnancy. Private yoga session are available from 25€ ph as well as back rescue 30min massages and foot massage.
Come and visit us in GAIA bathtime, C Corderia 28, Palma or book on 671 373 975.

Namaste - 
I am greeting the divine that you carry inside!




Credits for all the photos to 
Albert Mingo Puig albert_ming@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Blanca, you look radiant and more beautiful than ever. Congratulations, a lovely surprise. What a lucky baby!! Big hug, Debbie X

    ReplyDelete